Loading and unloading processes are very much a necessity in most industries, becoming one of the core components of many businesses today. That’s the reason why lifting vehicles are of critical importance on these tasks.
Lifting vehicles are a great investment as a result of the money and energy saved on labour. Lifting vehicles can also handle large amounts of materials, thus saving time and physical labour that would be taking up resources including money.
It is evident that lifting vehicles are part of our lives now and they are like colossal hands we can use to build whatever we want or need. So in this article we’re going to make clear what kind of tasks are carried out by each one.
When it comes to rural grounds, the rules of loading equipment change completely. Keeping control is a much harder task when there is some kind of prominence in the road. The most used vehicle for this kind of tasks is the telehandler.
A telehandler is a vehicle made with the main purpose of carrying loads in installations where heavy loads need to be moved and elevation is required. Depending on the kind of materials and how heavy they are and the elevation level required there are different telehandlers for each scenario.
Telehandlers are made in order to move on irregular grounds, and they are very important for construction tasks, that’s why the wheels are usually very big and rough. If you need any kind of help with your telehandler do not hesitate to call us, we are the telehandler experts. We offer assistance in aspects such as:
- Services and maintenance
Just as for any other lifting vehicle, we are the solution.
Tractors are a classic among lifting vehicles. They are used for many purposes but mostly for dragging and pushing heavy materials. Since they first entered the industries they have become an essential part of constructions, agricultural practices, and many other activities.
There are different types of tractors made especially for a type of tasks. The use of tractors has allowed employers to decrease money spent in personnel considerably. Before there were any tractors, these kind of jobs were carried out by people with the help of animals such as donkeys, steers and mules.
As it is such a versatile vehicle, it has been modified into different types of vehicles. Sometimes parts are added to it in order to make it useful for other tasks. The three main types of tractors are:
- Agricultural tractor: usually uses implements for tasks such as towing and other agricultural tasks.
- Construction tractor: it generally comes with different accessories and attachments like shovels or backhoe’s loaders.
- Motocultor: it’s small and mostly used for Mediterranean agriculture.
And depending on the methods the use for transportation we have 2 more categories:
- Caterpillar: the work of caterpillars tend to be carrying very heavy loads such as vehicles and other tractors. It doesn’t have common wheels since they would collapse due to the weight of the loads. Instead they use some kind of chains that help to distribute the weight better.
- Tyres: these ones are more popular, you will see them in constructions and so. They have very wide tyres in order to adhere well to ground and enjoy of extra stability.
An excavator is a lifting vehicle that usually uses the system of a caterpillar tractor to move (chains) but with the difference that this one can rotate its upper part at least 360 degrees.
This machine became very popular because of how useful it is in constructions. It can be used for demolishing, carrying heavy stuff and even to compact the ground.
There are two major categories in which different excavators can be classified:
- Frontal excavator: this one has the spoon on the upside, enabling it to reach a higher place for discharging. It’s very useful for mining works.
- Backhoe: this one has the spoon on its downside and its main purpose is to reach lower places. It’s very useful for the construction of ditches.
For a right handling of a backhoe (and certainly of any other lifting vehicle) training is required. We are the experts on training people to become operators and operate excavators as if they were extensions of their hands.
The Mini loaders
Sometimes speed is required, in order to move small loads from one place to another and take as little time as possible.
Mini loaders are lifting vehicles meant to be practical and work faster than excavators and tractors. As they are way smaller they are easier to operate. The main purpose of these vehicles is to carry out the same jobs a tractor would do but in smaller dimensions, and they are usually faster than tractors also. Due to their high functionality and practical size, some of them bring parts that can be used for different tasks, for example, there are some that bring a lawnmower.
If you need any kind of assistance with one of your lifting vehicles you can call us. We offer support regarding parts you should buy for your vehicles, services and more. We will test and monitor your lifting vehicle in order to put it to work at its full potential and save you a lot of money in unexpected repairs caused by the lank of maintenance.