We know very well that the removals are in most cases tired since the help of a moving agency, transportation, effort and especially money is needed.Which makes it one of the main reasons why people analyse twice the need to move.
Now, if you are evaluating the possibility of a new property that is to your liking, that is much more comfortable for you and above all that adapts completely to your needs, without a doubt you will have to make a move.
That is why here we will talk about the different ways, strategies that you can take and put into practice to be able to achieve a quick move without so many complications.So, if you have already made the important decision to move, in addition to being completely mentalised, here we will give you a few tips for a quick move.
We understand searching for a reliable company offering cheap services from removalists in Adelaide is challenging so here at Five Star Removals we provide a second to none service at an affordable price. You no longer need to worry for your Adelaide furniture removals because we are qualified professionals who have worked on this field for many years. Call us now if you want to move fast and easily!
So, stop worrying, get close and take pencil and paper so you can build on this wonderful list and get the moving fast and without so many obstacles, so you have a good result, let’s start!
Tips to make your move quick and easy. Take note!
- Always take a picture of your belongings before you pack them
- Hiring removals? Before packing your belongings, be sure to take “before” photos of all fragile and / or valuable items.
- If the moving company breaks or damages your items while being transported, you may need these photos to file a claim and receive compensation.
- Choose amid-week or mid-month day for your move.
- The easiest way to save money when you move is to opt for a moving date in the middle of the week, in the middle of the month.
- Moving on weekends when demand is higher, will undoubtedly be more expensive.
- Rental rates for trucks and moving companies tend to be lower from Monday to Friday.
- They also tend to be lower in the middle of the month compared to the first and last weekends.
- Use foam bags for plates, bowls and glassware
- Covering the items with a plastic wrap and cushioning takes time and a lot of packing tape to secure.Instead, try using simple foam bags to store everything from crockery to glassware.All you have to do is slide the item into the foam bag and place it inside a box. You can find an example of a foam bag.
Notify the change of address
In order not to have problems with receiving the mail, notify the post office well in advance. You should also notify other institutions (banks, clubs, medical clinics) that they contact you through your current address (if you check the “change of address” box on your monthly bill you can now avoid having to call later). Finally, you will want to notify all your family and friends. Confirm with the moving company, here we have professionals ready to assist you.
Now is when the real physical work begins, but remember that you should not pack absolutely everything. There are some things that you will need on the day of the move, such as cleaning supplies (which should be available for those who do the last cleaning in your current home), toys for children and a limited supply of food and clothing. Also, and for obvious reasons, make sure that important documents, such as the contract you signed with the moving company, are not packed.
Find free moving boxes at recycling delivery points
Do not disburse your money in cardboard boxes. Instead, look for free mobile boxes at local recycling delivery points.Most likely, you can find a lot of cardboard boxes that have been discarded by companies. If you think about it too, it is a way to reuse the boxes ecologically.
Reuse of original boxes for electronics and appliances
Speaking of moving boxes, don’t forget to reuse the old ones.From the TV to the blender, most electronic and small appliances come in cardboard boxes.
If you still have these boxes, we recommend that you use them again for the move.This not only guarantees that your items fit perfectly in the box, but also prevents you from having to spend money on boxes.
Pack a box of essentials for the day
- Do not move to a new house without a box or bag of basic items for the first few days.
- This box must contain items and everything you may need on the day of the move (and on the following days).
- Essential items may include toothbrushes, medications, toiletries, clothing, important documents, baby items, toilet paper, towels, cleaning spray, trash bags, a tool kit, pet food, bottled water, wallets and additional shoes.
Make a complete list of what you should include in your bag of essential moving elements.
Empty and clean the refrigerator. Get rid of all perishable foods. Set aside fragile and valuable items to handle them in a special way. Remove the interior doors to make moving people easier to manoeuvre large items. Don’t forget to leave food aside for the next day (for you and also the workers). Also set aside the medications and toiletries that you may need within 24 hours.
We are pretty sure that if you follow these simple steps of organisation it will be easier to undertake this adventure very quickly, and you will know from how to load the moving truck to how to face the inevitable moments of crisis.Remember that here at Five Star Removals we have a team of professionals ready to assist you. Contact us today for more information about our services.