Constant evolution of technology has modernised E-Learning and modified the most basic processes we could’ve ever imagined. Having people communicating perfectly from all parts of the world was seen as such an impressive thing to do. But right now, it is as normal as drinking water.
Easy and practical communication have led to big enterprises and even international companies changing the way they work. Now they are able to save millions of dollars E-Learning in business trips for an executive or a team of counsellors by only organising an online meeting.
Knowing that the most important procedures carried out by businesses, such as meetings from people making decisions regarding the future of a company, can be done via internet how is it possible that not all the work is being done remotely by now. Well, there’s not much time left before we see that happening, at least many of the tasks performed in a computer at an office are planning to be “assigned” for home E-Learning, it will save businesses a lot of money in rent.
However, we haven’t reached enough compatibility between the real world and the virtual world as to have all physical activities being taken care of at home. Nevertheless, there are some parts that can be fully done via internet, as impressive as it may sound.
Virtualising Processes Means a World of Possibilities
Among the processes that can be carried out from a completely remote location we have:
- Interviewing someone for a new position. Personnel recruiting is now most of the time done via online, at least the first 75% for the recruiting process is done via online. If the person is qualified and does a good work at online interviews and so, he or she may be schedule for a real life meeting.
- Virtual assistant and people to work on data entry are some of the most outsourced positions right now. Since they are mostly about following a clear and never-changing set of options and receiving feedback from time to time.
- Even maintenance to the networks and programming can be done from a remote area.
However, some of the most important tasks that can be done remotely thanks to the internet are all those ones related to e-learning and training future staff for a specific position.
Training People Online: Benefits and Drawbacks
Making candidates so they become the right fit for a determined position is one of the most challenging things a recruiter has to do. Also, if a business is looking for new personnel is usually because they need it as soon as possible to start working.
However, many training programs do not provide workers with what they need to understand in order to offer a service or sell a product correctly. That’s the main reason why online training is becoming so popular lately:
- Flexibility: first of all, by using virtual platforms you won’t have to attend to daily meetings with new workers if you are lacking time. Sometimes in enterprises people believe that some help from biggest authorities in the company may be helpful, it’s very well-known that businessmen have a busy schedule, if you want to train your new worker personally, you can do it whenever you have the chance.
- Interaction: platforms for e-learning and online training have a wide range of different options. You can test trainees and use different kind of approaches to make them understand something.
- Easy access: this platforms are just like having classes at hand all the time. There’s no actual need to alarm if you are “going late” because in most cases you’re able to access to them from any computer or cell phone.
- Documents: whenever there’s an important file needed to be checked, online training platforms are the fastest and most efficient way to forward them to a conference or to an individual.
- Effective: statistics have shown that training processes carried out online tend to display way better numbers regarding knowledge of the content and skills than people attending physical locations.
- Saving money: online training represents little to no costs to the company, you can save money on your workers’ taxi for example.
- Looking for the right fit: also, these platforms allow you to look for a great profile that fits the requirements of the company, you can even access some of their working background, their education, etc.
Not only is online training a cost-effective practice, it is also more practical and has demonstrated to be more efficient than real life training. When it comes to limitations, there are almost none, maybe if workers lack of a good internet connection the process may be inefficient.
Only time and results will demonstrate the effectiveness of online training. As it is happening with many other tasks that can be carried out remotely, it’s expected for training to become one of the first activities performed in a company to jump from the physical world to an entirely virtual dimension.
If you are looking for timely solutions in the field of workplace effectiveness. There’s no reason to waste your staff’s potential, we provide real time assistance with the meaning of improvement. Almost 20 years of experience in the business world back us as solutions seekers. We focus on maintaining a company culture of connectedness, cultivating a cohesive and intrinsically motivated team where all strengths are utilized and contribution is encouraged. We want to share some of our most effective and empowering solutions with your business.