For hot days, nothing better than refreshing yourself with a snack rich in proteins and fruits. Frozen yogurts are the best option to replace commercials and desserts. They provide, calcium, good quality proteins, fibre, probiotics.
In this post, we bring you several options, but you can yourself make your own versions based on Greek yogurt.
The idea is to always use a yogurt that is of a heavy consistency, to give it more creaminess. Greek yogurt has more proteins. You can use but the natural, but avoid the skimmed ones. Another option is to use half of the preparation in the form of yogurt and the other half as low-fat spread.
You can start enjoying the benefits of a great event by renting our equipment. Contact us today here at Snow Flow.
Frozen blueberry yogurt (4 servings)
- 1/2 kilo of frozen blueberries (you can use another red fruit)
- ½ cup of Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup of honey (can be replaced by sweetener)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Place all the ingredients in the blender and mix until they are well unified.
- Pour the mixture into a container suitable for freezing (may be a pudding mould), cover and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight until firm.
Frozen peanut butter and banana yogurt (4 servings)
- 2 large bananas, frozen
- 240 gr (1 pot) of Greek style yogurt (or half yogurt and half spreadable cheese)
- 5 tablespoons of peanut butter
- Pinch of salt
- 4 Graham cookies or whole grains
- If you do not just make frozen bananas, peel them and cut them, put them in a plastic bag and keep them in the freezer. In addition to the fro-yo, they are also a great base for smoothies.
- Add frozen bananas, Greek yogurt, peanut butter and salt to a food processor. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Crush the Graham cookies by placing them in a plastic bag and crushing them. If you are making individual servings of frozen yogurt, you can use an equal number of crushed cookies in each serving and place in the freezer to have armadas. Let the frozen yogurt take shape in the freezer for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Mango ice cream
- 500 gr of mango pieces frozen or fresh (you can use another orange fruit if you want like peach or apricots)
- 2/3 cup of honey
- 1 small, juicy lemon
- Teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of plain yogurt
- In a medium saucepan, combine mango (frozen or fresh), honey, lemon juice and salt. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat, then cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Remove the mango mixture from the heat and let cool for a few minutes. Blend until it is completely smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a container and refrigerate until the mixture is completely cold. You can let it cool in the refrigerator for a few hours, or even at night, or speed up the process by placing the container in the freezer, stirring every 15 minutes approximately for about 45 minutes.
- Join the mixture of refrigerated mango and yogurt, then freeze in the freezer. To serve.
Chocolate Ice Cream Yogurt (4 servings)
- 2 cups plain yogurt or vanilla
- 1/2 cup of almond milk or cow’s milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa without sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of sweetener
- Mix all ingredients.
- Freeze the mixture in the freezer or if you have ice cream machine, better.
Frozen honey and beet yogurt
- 3 cups of Greek yogurt
- 5 beets
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 sp. Of olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Wrap the beets (with skin and all) in aluminium foil, add a teaspoon of olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Grill for 45 minutes until the beets are tender. Allow to cool slightly and you can remove the skin easily.
- Mash the beets. Cool completely, at least two hours.
- Combine with the yogurt and honey in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Freeze it.
- Beat the yogurt for about 30 minutes until the consistency is right to serve.
- Serve immediately or freeze to serve later.
Yogurt ice cream has become popular in recent years, as it is one of the easiest ice cream recipes for children. Here we propose a very simple and quick version for any occasion.
One of the advantages of frozen yogurt is that its smooth flavour and creamy texture are the perfect counterpoint to accompany it with fruit, so we will encourage children to take a healthy and rich snack.
- 2 Greek yogurts (or natural yogurts)
- 250 ml. of cream for riding
- 75 gr. of sugar
Tips: This yogurt ice cream is one of the easiest and quickest to prepare, so it is ideal to accompany it with some fresh fruit and give it to the children in the snack or dessert. You can also accompany it with a splash of chocolate syrup or caramel.
Preparation of yogurt ice cream
- Lightly beat the cream (it must be very cold) with the rods until it is semi-matt.
- Beat the yoghurts with the sugar. Add it to the previous mixture and beat until it forms a creamy dough.
- To make ice cream with ice cream, take the mixture to the refrigerator for a few hours so that the mixture cools. Then, pour it into the glass of the refrigerator following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- This yogurt ice cream can also be made without a refrigerator. To do this, pour the mixture into a metal mould and as flat as possible (so that it cools more quickly). Cover with clear plastic film and take to the freezer. Remove the mixture every half hour for the first three hours, to break the ice crystals.
Here at Snow Flow you will find the slushie machines for sale you are looking for to make an excellent frozen yogurt, but you can also find a commercial slushy machine for rental to make your slushie mix and make sure your guests enjoy it.