Lighting is an important point for those who want to make decoration, whether professionals or homeowners, and whoever wants to know a little about lighting to decorate and make a house look warmer. With a good set of venetian blinds in Brisbane you can complete the decoration of your house,
Here at External Venetian Blinds you will find louver parts and external venetian blinds in Melbourne at a very competitive price. Contact us today for more information.
The characteristics and influence of lighting in the decoration of a house, in the impact that lighting has on the moods and on the effectiveness of the activities of each member of the family, is something important and necessary. For that reason, it is important to find the right external louvres that can let in the right amount of sunlight. Therefore, in this post, ideas about the types of lighting, including direct lighting and semi-direct lighting.
The main types of lighting in a house are:
- General lighting.
- Spot lighting.
Then, there are two types of additional lighting to decorate and light a house
– Ambient lighting.
– Decorative lighting.
Therefore, these four types of lighting of a house are those that we will cover in this article, but not before giving you an important recommendation: the best option for an environment is properly lit is to combine different types of lighting. But never leave natural sunlight out of the equation, find the right aluminium blinds that can complement the decoration style of your house or building.
The characteristics of a good general artificial lighting in a house are the following:
- Uniform distribution of light in an indoor environment. Achieve it with our venetian blinds in Brisbane.
- In each space, of the environment, the lighting allows identical conditions of vision.
- There is a wiring and an electrical installation system. In this link, you can know more about: residential electrical installations: what they are and how they are made
What is the pointed lighting in a house? Characteristics of spot lighting:
- Pointed lighting is limited to lighting a specific place. While natural lighting is unlimited, you can manage it properly with a good set of external venetian blinds in Melbourne.
- This type of artificial lighting in a house, is a supplementary light.
- Leave other places in shadow.
Examples of spot lighting in the home:
Lighting of the dining table, desks, headboard, reading chair etc.
Each space used in a house has different characteristics, according to its use, and this forces to create different settings, for example:
- The receiver needs to have combined lighting sources that allow access to this space with sufficient lighting since it is the entrance to the house.
- In the dining room, for example, you need, in addition to the spotlight on the table, a relaxing atmosphere in the room. This defines the type of artificial lighting that is used. Get proper lighting with louver parts and a set of remarkable external venetian blinds in Melbourne.
- In the bedrooms, lighting should be relaxing because this is the part of the house where we rest and sleep.
Recommendation of direct or indirect lighting: depending on each room and its use, the appropriate environment must be chosen and this is given by the type of lighting used.
Characteristics of artificial decorative lighting in a house:
- It is used more to decorate than to illuminate. You can also achieve the right amount of natural lighting with good external venetian blinds in Melbourne.
- Usually, this type of lighting system is used to illuminate objects, to point out certain spaces.
- Light in this type of lighting can work directly as art.
- They can be different colours.
- Its location can be in unexpected places, such as at the foot of ornamental plants, on the floor, under some object, on low sides of some environment.
Direct lighting and indirect lighting
The environment lighting can be classified depending on the luminous flux in:
- Direct lighting: direct luminous flux downwards. You can use external louvres for that matter.
- Indirect lighting: this one usually comes from the walls and the luminous flux is largely directed downwards (60-90%) and upwards (10-40%). Its performance is low, with a degree of vision unclear, since it is directed upwards, in addition to which it lacks the so important shadow effect to define the spaces. Its luminous flux is directed upwards only (90-100%).
- Mixed lighting: (direct-indirect): the luminous flux is evenly distributed downwards (40-60%) and upwards (40-60%)
- Semi-direct lighting: in this type of lighting the luminous flux is directed towards the upper part (60-90%).
- Diffuse lighting: the luminous flux is distributed downwards (40-60%) and upwards (40-60%).
How to choose the type of lamps for a house?
To choose the appropriate lamps for your home, you must take into account the following:
Evaluate at least some of these characteristics:
- Energy consumption
- Economy of electrical installation
- Maintenance of electrical installations or lighting to be used
- Dimensions of the space to be illuminated
- Required lighting level
- Power of the installation
Natural lighting is another type of lighting system that has been developed, to bring natural light to a house. You can also use external venetian blinds in Melbourne. Natural light has individual characteristics such as the following:
- It is efficient.
- It has cutting edge technology.
- Natural lighting is aesthetic.
- More effective than skylights, skylights or conventional domes.
- Superior quality of the materials.
Maintenance of types of lighting systems in homes
For a good maintenance of the lighting in the house should take into account the following:
- The cleaning of the light bulb, always preventing the accumulation of dust.
- Do not wait for the light source to melt, since sometimes without melting it will, due to wear, produce the same light intensity it had when it was installed.
- Check the electrical installations periodically. For this, we recommend you hire a professional expert in lighting and electrical installations.
Here at External Venetian Blinds you will find top quality external venetian blinds in Melbourne at a highly competitive price. Contact us for more information.