The trailer or trailer are very practical elements when adding space in a vehicle or when moving an object of greater volume than the capacity of the trunk. We tell you everything you need to know to be able to drive safely and under the established laws.
Here at Trailer Supplies we provide you with top quality galvanised trailers.
Requirements to take a trailer on the route:
– Driver’s license: to be able to carry a trailer in order we need to have the B2 class card, as this category enables the driving of cars, trucks, and transporting a trailer of up to 750 kg with a total weight not exceeding 3,500 kg.
– Patent: the trailer must have installed the identification plate of the domain, that is, the patent that must be the same as the vehicle that is going to tow it.
– Keep in mind that the trailers are not registered in the Automotive Records, so the agency does not issue patents, but you will have to acquire one individually.
– Insurance: must have mandatory coverage of risks at least against third parties and civil liability. It is possible to extend the insurance that the vehicle already has, or consult with insurance companies to have the coverage of the trailer independently.
– Weight and lights: The limit weight of the trailer is 750kg. As for the lights, the patent must be illuminated and the position, stop and turn lights must be installed in the rear part.
Recommendations for a safe trip
– The coupling and the ball must be anti-roll and of the same size. This is so that in case of destabilisation, the trailer does not affect the stability of the vehicle or the disengagement of the coupe.
– The hitch must have a second security system to prevent the trailer from falling off. Generally, chains are used, and we must repair the maintenance of the same to control the oxidation or rupture.
– Trailers weighing more than 350 kilograms need autonomous brakes connected to the vehicle.
– To maintain the stability of the trailer it is important to distribute the loads of the elements in such a way that the heaviest ones are located on the axis, and the lightest ones are close to the hitch area. Excess loads can cause serious problems when braking, as the front wheel loses contact with the route.
– Always carry a spare wheel
– Hold the load well: for this you can use belts with crique.
– Drive at a moderate and prudent speed, being careful when manoeuvring. The abrupt manoeuvres seriously affect the stability of the trailer and can cause rollovers.
– It must be considered that the trailer needs wider turning radii, since its wheels tend to close more than the vehicle.
What are the types of trucks most used by transport companies?
The world of logistics and the supply chain depend on a fundamental part of the freight transport process. The transport of goods, especially land transport of goods, is one of the fundamental activities in the logistics world, since it is necessary to move the goods from the producer to the user.
Companies need to hire the services of transport companies to be able to move their products, in addition to obtaining everything necessary to supply their suppliers and satisfy their customers. Transportation is an essential activity in the supply chain to respond to the management of the entry of product flows.
Logistics is determined by the following factors: quality, reduced response time, cost reduction, use of company resources and generate accurate delivery and service results. All this would be impossible to understand without the services of freight transport.
Why is land transport of goods so important?
In the international logistics world, perhaps the most important part is the maritime transport that moves the majority of world products, in terms of volume. However, in order to move materials and products from the ports to their final destination, it is necessary to have a freight land transport company.
These companies put in contact all kinds of operations and generate movements necessary for global business activity. Despite the existence of trains and other means of transport, the truth is that land transport of goods is the most used option in Spain and Europe.
The truck is the favourite medium for the transport of goods since it offers great advantages. The flexibility, product preservation, accessibility, scalability, cost reduction and delivery guarantee are just some of the benefits of this method of transport.
What types of trucks are there and which is the most convenient for the transport of goods?
Currently there are a wide range of trucks, from 6 meters to 12, including mega trucks that reach 18 meters long. However, each one of them has different characteristics linked to its axes and its weight.
In Spain, as in the rest of the European area, they are divided according to their number of axles and load capacity. The most common is the large van or truck that consists of a vehicle halfway between a large car and a truck. They are usually used as a means of distribution, although they are limited by the load capacity since they can not move too much weight, as a rule, no more than a ton.
The trucks are divided into:
- Tractor truck. This type of special truck is a truck that has the ability to drag as it carries a semi trailer that many people call platform or barge.
- Articulated truck. Within this type there are two classes, the trailer and the road train. Both form two rigid structures joined by a point of articulation between the tail of the trailer and the head of the train.
- Mega trailer: large and tall trucks, usually up to 3 meters. They are characterized by their high load capacity, around 98 cubic meters.
- Refrigerated truck. Within the truck typology, there are some very special ones: refrigerated vehicles. These trucks are vehicles capable of keeping the temperature of the products through internal chambers that protect the product and ensure that they have the exact temperature. They are used preferably for the transport of fruits, frozen products, vegetables, seafood, fish and everything that is perishable.
- Dry cargo or parcel freight van. Its optimized cargo security system makes it ideal for transporting multiple boxes and packages in general.
If you want to know more about premium galvanised trailers in Australia, visit our website.