The advertising of beauty creams makes us great promises, but the evidence that a healthy diet is the best solution to take care of our skin and fight against the effects of the sun is even stronger.
The skin is the largest organ of our body and acts as a protective barrier between our body and the environment that surrounds it, protecting it and helping to maintain its structures intact. Therefore, it requires nutritional contributions just like any other organ and parts of the human being: a healthy diet will be fundamental for the skin and an unbalanced diet can cause health problems in it.
The skin is the largest organ of our body and acts as a protective barrier between our body and the environment that surrounds it.
Rasling Raw is ready to provide you the most remarkable products in the market, made with entirely natural things and totally cruelty-free.
What should we look for in food to protect our skin?
A deficit of some nutrients can cause the process of skin renewal does not develop properly due to a deficit of vitamins or food allergies, can cause diseases that affect our skin. What can we do to prevent this from happening?
A deficit of some nutrients can cause the skin renewal process not to develop properly ”
As far as possible we should avoid refined and processed foods and take advantage of the seasonal and local food consumption due to its high content of vitamins and minerals. It has been seen that there is a direct relationship of improvement and renewal of the structures of our skin when our food comes from low glycaemic load foods: legumes, whole grains, vegetables and fruits.
High biological value proteins are essential for the formation of body structures – collagen and elastin are responsible for the firmness and elasticity of the skin, respectively – as well as unsaturated fatty acids and vitamins C and E, which have a great antioxidant capacity.
We must avoid refined and processed foods and take advantage of seasonal food consumption.
The deficiencies of Vitamin A (which helps maintain the health of skin and mucous membranes) or the deficit of Vitamin B2 (which can cause itchy eyes and seborrheic accumulations around the eyes) are examples of how poor nutrition affects our skin.
In addition to a varied diet, healthy lifestyle habits -including physical activity and adequate rest, and avoiding tobacco, alcohol and stress- are the best friends of our skin. (And, now, here we can also include creams of beauty as a complement to good nutrition).
Skin is the biggest forgotten in nutrition consultations
According to the experts, they come to treat overweight, sports nutrition or specific diseases, but nobody cares to avoid the premature deterioration of their skin. We tend to think that only with creams can we maintain their health and that is not the case.
To try to alleviate this forgetfulness and start thinking today about caring for our skin through food, we suggest you incorporate this list of ideal foods to achieve a shiny skin.
– Green leafy vegetables: we start with the most basic. Vegetables are full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that protect the cells of the skin and stimulate their growth, which will allow your skin does not wrinkle or get damaged. In addition, antioxidants protect your skin against sun rays.
– Dark chocolate: yes, we can take it without feeling guilty. Its high levels of cocoa flavonoids can help to soften and moisturize the skin.
– Yogurt: it is rich in biotins, which nourish the skin and strengthen the nails. It is also rich in proteins that help digest fat.
– Melon and mango: they contain catenoids that reduce pimples and acne, improve skin quality, reduce dryness, increase tone and elasticity and slow down aging.
– Salmon: contains acid grades that, in addition to being good for the heart, are for the skin because they reduce redness, inflammation and acne, prevent scaly skin and act as moisturizers by releasing natural oils.
– Grapefruit: is rich in lycopene, another powerful antioxidant effective in protecting cells and fighting free radicals from the sun’s rays and pollutants.
– A lot of water: permanent hydration starts here. Keeping the skin well hydrated also makes wrinkles more difficult to form. You can also drink water with natural juices and infusions.
– Green tea: fight against acne due to its ability to decrease the levels of an acne-producing hormone. In addition, this drink is full of antioxidants, which will make your skin younger and healthier in general.
– Berries: fruits of this type, such as cranberry or cherry, are loaded with antioxidants that help our skin to be free of blemishes.
– Avocado: is a powerful fruit that works wonders for your skin. The avocado oil penetrates deep into the skin, leaving it well cleansed, nourished and soft. Its antioxidants help eliminate wrinkles giving the skin a youthful glow.
– Papaya: it is not only a delicious tropical fruit, but very healthy. It is full of fibre, folates and antioxidants and loaded with vitamins. In addition to whole, we can chop it and add in our yogurt to make the most of it.
– Cucumber: contain a host of vitamins and minerals that our body needs. In addition, they will help reduce the waist, nourish the inner skin and lighten the outer skin.
– Carrot: contain Vitamin C, which helps the production of collagen in the body, a protein that helps prevent wrinkles and slows down the aging process. In addition, Vitamin A fights free radicals to prevent wrinkles, pigmentation and uneven skin tone.
– Sweet potato: sweet potato is full of antioxidants that take care of your skin and fight against free radicals that damage cells and can cause premature aging.
– Hemp and flax seeds: they are a source of energy of essential fatty acids, like Omega 3, and are full of proteins, making it a superfood for a shiny skin. Eating them as an appetizer or in salads or sandwiches helps protect your skin against wrinkles and sun damage.
Contact us today for more information about our deluxe products.