People always wanted to be communicated and that is why radio communicators were born, way before smartphones established as the leading option for people to communicate between each other. However, for businesses and companies radio communicators are still the most effective option to maintain top communication in no time between co-workers. Let’s see some models and what are their most frequent uses.
Radio communication is undoubtedly a technology of great importance and very necessary for men. And they have changed the definition of business security.
Wireless2way is a place where you will find some integrated and efficient tools for communication and monitoring with an extended battery life so your employees can stay in touch and that will help you increase security in your company. Wireless2way provides only top equipment that is able to perform at extremely high levels. If you are looking for effective radio equipment that is portable and can be found at cheap prices, here at Wireless2way you will find it.
Radio Communicators, what they are and what they are for
The portable communicators or also called walkie-talkie or portable transmitter-receiver or radio communicator, is a small device that allows the communication between two distant people, by means of the emission and reception of radio waves, in different frequencies according to the case.
It is characterised mainly by including a semi-duplex channel, that is, only one radio is able to transmit at a time, although its signal can be received simultaneously by many radios) and a switch called “push to talk”, which starts the transmission.
Communicating radios are commonly similar to a cell phone, but slightly larger and with an antenna that protrudes from the top. In places where the cell phone loses signal quality, portable communicators are a very option to stay connected. The first radio communicator was created by the company Motorola in 1940.
Uses that radio communicators possess
The Motorola radio communicators became indispensable and very valuable devices for the police and emergency services in general. However, other brands have been able to evolve what Motorola proposed at first and nowadays there are plenty options for top radio communicators for businesses.
Some aspects about radio communicators:
- They are also employed in the area of commerce and industry, especially in construction, using the frequencies that are assigned for that purpose.
- These devices are also easy to find among amateur radio users who use them under license, on several channels and at different frequencies.
- Portable communicators are limited to a few watts of output and with a small antenna, which leads to having a communication zone made by hand, reduced and quite short.
- In many cases they do not exceed the distance of the visual horizon in the open field, and much less reach in the city, where buildings and constructions complicate communications between these devices.
- The solution for this type of problems was found using repeaters located at high points within the desired coverage area.
- This repeater receives the weakened signal, at a certain frequency, and retransmits it, with greater power and improved.
- This system can be extended to hundreds of kilometres, by using several repeaters together.
- There are many low power versions that are exempt from being licensed for use, and that are used as toys for children, with 100 milliwatts of power in the transmission, or also in baby monitors.
- These devices are inexpensive and lack, sometimes, volume control and the microphone with the loudspeaker are joined in a single device that bends in one or the other, whether or not it is transmitting.
9 reasons to use radio communicators in private security schemes
Increasingly, the use of technology and digital communications radios have become an essential element for the private security sector, which, more than being a luxury, is the key tool to strengthen the protection of people and goods.
- In most cases, the radiotelephone is more important and useful than a weapon. In a fire for example, it is imperative to notify the firefighters immediately.
- The users do not have knowledge of what they need to hire in the surveillance service, they have not detected needs, the users, they do not use almost electronic means and they are dissatisfied with the service they receive.
- Because the guards do not have the desired capacity and they do not have voice and data connectivity.
- Everyone wants to reduce risks, but this requires using more technology, especially in anti-terrorist detection.
- With the new frequency sharing technologies, the simultaneous communications that are managed are multiplied.
- In times of emergency cases, radio communicators demonstrate their effectiveness.
- The new digital radiotelephones include many facilities for surveillance such as round control, which guarantees the company that the watchman did the assigned route.
- Private security companies seek to guarantee their services with technology that has excellent coverage and performance, as well as an efficient and instantaneous communication to combat theft and reduce robbery and incident rates.
- One of the many advantages of digital radio communicators, is what in case of loss or theft, can be located and recovered, and even turn off for life.
- Plenty other reasons.
These devices are cheap compared to the service they provide to the user. There are companies such as Wireless2way that specialise in telecommunication installation. Without these devices, the world would not be as advanced as it is today, and one cannot imagine living in a world without radios, telephones, internet and televisions, everything that involves telecommunications.
This is an excellent way to educate and inform people about what happens around them without having to be in the place, it is also an excellent means to promote products, a way to control air, sea and land traffic and to communicate. This is why radio is certainly one of man’s greatest inventions.
If you are looking for a reliable to communicate with co-workers, Wireless 2-Way are experts in all aspects of state of the art communication, two-way radio equipment and accessories to increase safety in your company.