Whether you own or rent property, there is a level of importance into maintenance and regular upkeep. This is simply because nobody wants to live or work in a space that they donâ€™t enjoy or canâ€™t stand. Where do you start? Well it may sound simple but general cleaning should be item number 1 on the to do list. This involves vacuuming, washing windows, cleaning stains and sweeping. This might sound obvious but it is surprisingly overlooked when it comes to the upkeep of property.
Here’s a simple checklist of all the tasks that should be done on a routine basis:
- Test smoke alarms and batteries
- Clean kitchen sink and drain
- Check and or replace filters (dishwasher, range hood, vacuum systems, washing machines, etc.)
- Clean shelves in refrigerator
- Clean gutters and pipes
- Check the grout in kitchens and bathrooms
- Clean window screens
- Cut trees around power lines
- Bleach and/or deep clean bathrooms and bacteria prone areas.
The next slightly more advanced areas that can be considered are things like painting and even also plastering. Overtime, paint might start to fade or chairs and tables might put dints here and there. It’s important to recognise that some minor patch ups and painting never goes to waste. Even a new colour or shade can make an old boring room brand new, which is appealing to renters who want to live in an appealing space.
Here at Lime Property Solutions, whatever your property needs are, our professional team can help you! We can help you get on track with all your property maintenance needs!