The corners for packaging, are planes comprised by a right angle, currently manufactured in cardboard mainly but you can also find them in plastic.
The cardboard corner protectors are angles made of laminated paper with adhesives that guarantee the protection of the goods and products to be sent.
Cardboard corner protectors solve many of the packaging problems as they provide protection to the edges, as well as stabilisation, strength and load containment. They can also be easily combined with other materials to create custom packaging solutions.
With our cheap furniture removals in Adelaide you can rest assured your furniture will be taken to its destination completely safe. Find more information in our website Five Star Removals.
Cardboard corner protectors are available in a wide range of sizes, angle settings and paper and print options that meet your specifications. They can also be printed, labelled or engraved inside, outside or both according to the needs of the market.
Benefits of using cardboard corner protectors
– Provide edge protection
– They facilitate the stowage or the stacking of a pallet on another, saving space, because the weight is supported by the corners as a post
– Reduce product handling damage
– Protect against strap damage
– Customised packaging forms can be built
– They save on transportation
– Efficient storage spaces
– Made with recycled fibres, the corner is fully recyclable
– They can carry printed logos, in ink or in colour, in order to facilitate their identification
Cardboard corner protectors are manufactured with cellulose fibres of mainly recycled material (sheets of kraft paper), which are joined with chemical mixtures (adhesives), pass through rollers which in addition to homogeneously joining the sheets strengthen their mechanical characteristics, to the completion of its manufacture are wrapped in a sheet which covers the outside and inside, the right angle is given by another roller which performs double at 90 degrees, which because they are recycled materials are not very expensive but if a lot utility.
Currently in the world of packaging, the cardboard corner protectors is one of the main accessories, because it reduces vibration and distributes the tension exerted by straps, belts or plastic films, reduces shock, prevents loss of structural support, provides greater resistance and stability which improves the protection of our products.
How to choose the right corner protector for our needs:
The following points are taken as a reference to determine the cardboard corner protector measure:
- The width of the wing or the distance of the angle of 90 degrees, its most commercial measures are 2” and 2.5”, although many more measures can be manufactured.
- Points or gauge (thickness, which is determined by the number of sheets = to gauge) ranging from 100 to 200 (points) in the commercial parameters.
- The length of the profile, from 10 cm to a maximum of 2.60m in length, the most common being from 1.40m to 2.00 meters, in stores you will find a wide variety of measurements and sizes (points).
To identify which corner is best suited to our need, take into account the following feature.
- a) If our load weighs more than 800 kg. in its totality, they are corners with a calibre greater than 160 points.
- b) If our load is less than 800 kg. The recommendation is low calibres as they are in 100, 120 and 140 points.
- c) The length or height of the material to be protected is also very important.
- d) The width of the wings will depend on the reinforcement we need or the profile we want to protect.
- e) They can also be imported with some legend of instructions or the brand of your company.
- f) They can be brown (kraft) or white.
The Cardboard Corner, mainly used as reinforcement of the loads, in the case of pallets with boxes, prevents the boxes from deforming or collapsing and losing their structure, in case of pallets with sacks or materials which move through their irregularity of structure, prevents deformation serving as support especially when the load is very heavy.
Also, when our loads travel long distances, their mechanical properties of vibration reduction and tension distribution are highly recommended, they give us the reliability that the products will arrive without damage.
In furniture they are used to protect corners that are delicate or fragile points as in the case of crystals, providing protection to avoid unnecessary bumps or scratches. Therefore, we recommend using the corner pieces, which is an economical accessory since it is made from recyclable material, it does not harm the planet and gives us the security that your materials or cargo will arrive in optimal conditions.
We invite you to consult with our consultants and do not forget to ask for our High Performance Stretch Films, Strapping and Packaging Tapes to complement your packaging.
What are the corners?
The corners manufactured by joining several sheets of paper laminated with adhesive and formed at a rigid angle providing strength, stability and load protection. They can be found in a wide range of widths, lengths and thicknesses.
The corners are always used in conjunction with Strapping and / or Stretch Film this helps to create a tighter and more stable load so that sometimes it is possible to increase the load capacity of the unit and damage to the load is reduced which translates in savings.
The corner protector measure has 3 components:
It is usually measured in inches and ranges from 1 to 3 inches usually. It can also be measured in centimetres.
It can be measured in points or in mm. As a quick formula we can say that 1 mm is practically equivalent to 40 points.
Most commonly it is measured in centimetres. They range from very short measures such as 5 cm to 280 cm for very large platforms.
Remember that here at Five Start Removals you can ensure the whole moving out procedure is completed without any drawbacks that can make you waste time.