A meeting with friends, a family reunion or simply a relaxing night will never be complete without a good drink with which to toast. The custom of sharing a good toast during any celebration has been maintained for centuries.
Cocktails are prepared by merging various flavors to awaken the senses and delight the palate. They are distinguished from other drinks because they are created as a whole concept that brings together: colors, flavors, decoration, texture and much more.
Remember that here at Snow Flow you will find top quality slushy machines for hire at a very competitive price and they will surely surpass your expectations. Our popcorn cart for hire is also one of many different options we have available for you that you can use as practical additions to your party planning process. Contact us today for more information about our products and how we can help you achieve your goals in your party.
How to prepare easy cocktails: basic tips
- A priori it may seem somewhat complex to make certain cocktails, but after this post you will see how they are simpler than it seems. The good thing about cocktail recipes is that you can modify quantities to your liking and that of your guests.
- Cocktail making can be a fun and creative process. Little by little you will perfect and you will be encouraged to play with the ingredients, the textures and the decoration. Do you want to know how to make cocktails? Accompany me!
- Any bartender will keep the secrets for extraordinary cocktails locked. In these lines we will discover some of the aces in the sleeve that our bartenders hide.
- To decorate with a lemon, orange or grapefruit peel, it is suggested to rub the peel around the edge of the glass to awaken the aroma and provide a very fresh and special flavor.
- Coffee is a drink that can be incorporated into both hot and cold cocktails, to offer a very pleasant and sophisticated flavor.
- The most common measurements in cocktails are the ounce and the measure, but there is also talk of part, pinch and dash, among others. A measurement is equivalent to 50 millimeters, while an ounce is equivalent to 29.5 milliliters.
- A formula that does not fail to create very original cocktails is to mix two parts of a distillate plus one part of sweetener, (such as sweet liquor, sugar or honey) plus one part of a citrus or a creamy one.
- When looking to create a frothy effect, it is recommended to beat the white of an egg vigorously for at least 20 seconds, before adding the ice to the shaker.
List of types of cocktails
There are hundreds of types of drinks or cocktails that have been created with the combination of flavors, liqueurs, fruits, essences and textures. All these ingredients must be of a proven quality. Some of the most important are:
- Frozen: Ideal for summer, these cocktails are distinguished by being almost frozen, on the verge of snow. Here the crushed ice in abundance is the key. They can be served with or without alcohol.
- Fizzes: These are so-called long cocktails, which are characterized by being bubbly. They are served with citrus juice, sugar and the white of an egg that is mixed with gin or any other alcoholic drink and a portion of soda.
- Cups: These are beverages based on white wines, ciders and liqueurs accompanied by freshly chopped, slightly frozen fruits. The best way to present it is in large containers and in small cups.
- Coolers: With a reduced dose of alcohol, they are served in a long glass with ice cubes. They are decorated with citrus peels such as lemon, lime or orange cut into a spiral.
- Grogs: It has a water base with hot sugar, to which liquor is added, generally rum, kirsch or cognac. They are accompanied by some flavoring, such as lemon.
- Crusta: Drinks that are served in glasses, decorated with a sugary edge. The best example is the margarita.
- Egg nogs: These are alcoholic beverages that include milk, nutmeg and egg in their preparation. They are served cold or hot.
- Juleps: They offer us refreshing sips since they are seasoned with mint, with Kentucky Bourbon, sugar and crushed ice. It can also be substituted for Scotch whiskey, rum and even brandy.
- Sangrías: They are included in the classification of strikeouts, with red wine bases to which fresh fruits cut into pieces are added.
- Sours: These are prepared with a good amount of lemon and sugar combined with any whiskey, especially Bourbon.
How to decorate a cocktail
The garnishes can make the difference between a good and an exceptional cocktail, giving the diner a pleasant impression both to taste and to the eye.
The garnish depends on the type of cocktail served, for example:
For the cold ones: cherries, lemon, orange, cucumber, olives, coconut, salt, melon, celery, pineapple, watermelon, mint leaves, strawberries, whipped cream, strawberries and ice cubes or frozen fruits are usually used.
Shavings or curls of chocolate, coffee or cinnamon powder or chips, cookies, vanilla pods, star anise or sugar cubes work very well for hot drinks.
When preparing a drink, it is not only important to take into account the proper professional preparation, but also the right ingredients. Many times, this little detail can make the difference between a cocktail and a good cocktail.
Alcoholic beverages such as sangria, beer or traditional cocktails are always present at family gatherings. Taking care of yourself does not mean that you should deprive yourself of something, but it is important that you learn how to limit yourself and what are the healthiest ingredients when preparing a drink.
If you want to rent a new slushy machine for your party or event to prepare excellent cocktails you can contact us today, here at Snow Flow we offer second to none machines at excellent prices along with everything you need for a memorable party or meeting. Don´t hesitate to contact us!