Eliminating cockroaches is not an easy task. These insects have a great ability to adapt to different types of situations and places and survival, which is the biggest problem of this plague. In addition, when they manage to enter a home, they do not do it alone, but they do it in colonies.
Exterminate cockroaches should be a planned and meditated process in order to minimise the risks and make the most of the measures we apply. Since anyone can see themselves in this situation, that is to say, that a colony of cockroaches’ nests in your house, we find it useful to explain in this article how to put an end to cockroaches definitely.
Not only are insects quite unpleasant, but they can cause health problems. Cockroaches transmit diseases and can contaminate our food. They usually leave their hiding places during the night when they do not notice our presence, for that reason it is necessary to get rid of them. But, first of all, do you want to know where they are hiding?
If you want professionals to take care of this issue and forget about moths forever, you can contact Brisbane Terminator today and enjoy the services of truly skilled experts with many years of experience offering second to none services.
Where do the cockroaches hide in your house?
Before learning to eliminate cockroaches, we will have to know in what hidden places of our house they hide. They have favourite hiding places and that’s what we’re going to talk about:
- On wooden furniture: Be careful with this type of furniture because it is common for them to nest in them. In openings and cracks that can appear both in the kitchen furniture as in the bathrooms or toilets. Sometimes they are usually found in strategic places such as in the bathroom or kitchen pipes, gas outlets or heating.
- Under the parquet: So, check all the places mentioned above to check if you have a plague of this type of insects and if you must kill the roaches. But before we start talking about how to eliminate cockroaches we must first deal with the places or routes through which cockroaches access your home so you have special care with them
Where do the cockroaches go to your house?
This is one of the first questions we must ask ourselves. Cockroaches enter our homes in several ways:
- Windows: It is very common for cockroaches to access our homes through the windows of both patios and windows that face the street.
- Doors: They are usually accessed through main doors of communities. Once they manage to enter, they slip through the holes in the elevator, since in these areas there is usually not much cleaning.
- Garbage: Sometimes the garbage area of our house, if it is close to a door or window, attracts cockroaches. When the containers are placed outside your house you can also attract them.
- Food products: Even if it surprises you, when we go to stores or supermarkets and buy bags of potatoes or some food of this type, we can transport the cockroaches here. We can also transport them ourselves in pockets, although this last form is less common.
How to eliminate cockroaches naturally?
Before we start, we will tell you that if you do not meet the requirements that we are going to tell you this, no remedy will eliminate cockroaches forever.
It is essential to have a good order and hygiene in your home to end the cockroaches definitely. It is recommended that you frequently vacuum those sites that we could call the most complicated. Under the sofas, the gaps between the cupboards or tables, the wall, etc. It is also important to vacuum carpets and cushions.
Sealing all the holes that may remain between the bathtub and the wall, washbasins or showers is essential to prevent them from nesting there.
Another factor that can attract them is the humidity, if you keep both bathrooms and kitchen dry you will avoid the risk.
The dishes accumulated in the sink are another risk factor because they have food remains that can attract them. Avoid leaving them a long time before scrubbing. Well once you realise that you meet all these requirements, we will treat the natural remedies.
Aromatic herbs are a natural way to eliminate cockroaches.
The laurel is a simple remedy to end them. Their smell dislikes them so they will instantly go away. You must place the crushed or chopped laurel in those areas where you suspect that cockroaches may have nested.
The cat mint is another trick to finish them. Spray it around your house and the cockroaches will drift away.
How to eliminate cockroaches with home remedies?
If you have children or pets at home and are worried about using chemical products such as insecticides, we recommend that you use the following natural remedies to exterminate cockroaches:
How to eliminate cockroaches with sugar and baking soda?
Mix of sodium bicarbonate and sugar powder: It is a mixture that is not toxic to humans, but it is lethal to cockroaches. Do you know why? Well, the cockroaches are attracted by the sweet smells so they will come out of hiding and ingest the sugar with the sodium bicarbonate that is what will eliminate it.
Use a container to prepare the mixture. This should contain equal parts sodium bicarbonate and powdered sugar. Mix it, this will be your bait.
Place containers as bowls in places where cockroaches usually appear (cupboards, under the fridge, etc.). These bowls, in addition to containing the mixture that we have prepared previously, should contain water. You can also prepare this mixture without water. Pour it on the ground in specific areas or place it in containers.
Boric acid mixture to eliminate cockroaches
Onion, boric acid and wheat flour: Boric acid is a mineral-based substance widely used in insecticide and cleaning products. It also fulfils its functions as a poison to kill cockroaches’ home. You can buy boric acid in pharmacies and certain supermarkets. Mix the 3 products: Flour, chopped onion, boric acid and place it in jars distributed in all areas of your house affected. Leave gaps in the cockroach size caps so they can enter and ingest the poison.
This is a home remedy to eliminate cockroaches, but it is also easy to prepare and very economical.
If you want to ensure your house is safe from bugs, cockroaches and other insects, contact Brisbane Terminator today.