If we want to achieve softer and more protected lips, we know that hydration, both internal and external, is essential. In addition, it is also convenient to exfoliate them to remove dead skin
No one can deny that a pretty and suggestive mouth is not one that has red lipstick, but the one that looks softer lips with healthy and well-groomed skin. To achieve this, you can resort to different natural and homemade treatments.
Aesthetik is one of the most suitable options in terms of quality service, cost efficiency and professionalism. Start enjoying a perfect smile with the help of specialised professionals that understand your needs and work towards offering the best service.
- Use moisturising lipstick
- They are available in pharmacies, perfumeries (and similar stores) and contain very good ingredients to reduce dryness, such as essential oils or petroleum jelly.
- A good lip balm will provide vitamin E, which translates into soft and healthy skin.
- Remember to use this product both in winter and in summer.
- For hot days we also recommend that the moisturiser contain at least 15 protection factors.
- Apply several times a day before using your favourite lipstick and even when you go to bed at night.
- Drink a lot of water
If you want to have soft lips it is essential that they remain moisturised. In addition to the external lipsticks you should hydrate the body “inside”. And for that, there is nothing better than drinking a good amount of water daily.
Surely you will know that the recommended are 8 glasses (2 litres) and that, in addition, you can include herbal infusions and natural juices so as not to get bored and comply with the recommended dose.
It may seem odd to read that you should exfoliate your lips if they are dry because you think they will be even more irritated.
However, this treatment serves to remove accumulated dead cells and allow a complete recovery of the skin. Of course, the movements must be smooth so as not to hurt the delicate area.
There are different recipes for homemade lip scrubs. You can apply them with the help of a toothbrush, and do not forget to put moisturiser at the end. Exfoliate once a week.
- Cracked lips
It is the most effective recipe if you want a sensual and soft smile. Both ingredients eliminate dry and protruding skin from your lips.
We recommend that the honey be of the sugary type, because the more liquid version does not exfoliate. You can replace honey with petroleum jelly.
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (10 g)
- 1 tablespoon honey (25 g)
- In a bowl place the sugar and honey.
- Mix well and use a toothbrush to apply it.
- Place on the lips and, with gentle circular movements, massage the skin completely.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Coconut Lip Scrub
Grated coconut acts as a powerful impurity remover and is not as abrasive as sugar. You can start with this treatment if the lips are badly injured.
- 1 tablespoon grated coconut (10 g)
- 1 teaspoon of water (5 ml)
- Mix the water with the grated coconut and form a paste.
- Apply to the lips and rub with circular movements (it can be with your fingers or with a toothbrush).
- Do not eat salty foods
Believe it or not, snacks or very salty foods are bad for the health of your lips. This is because the salt stays “stuck” in the skin and absorbs the little water that has been stored when they are dry.
If you can’t avoid eating chips, try to rinse your mouth thoroughly when finished.
- Protect them from the weather
In winter we must be very careful of the wind, the low temperatures and even the snow. All these elements can damage the skin of the lips.
We advise you to wear a scarf that covers your mouth. On the other hand, during the summer the biggest enemy of this sensitive area, without a doubt, is the sun.
In addition to applying protective factor on the skin you will have to use special lipsticks and if possible, not leave at noon. If you do wear a hat.
- Don’t lick or bite
They are irrational habits that can damage the lips a lot. First, if you are constantly licking them, the saliva will dry out the area and also remove the layer of natural balm that protects it.
They are also discarded lipsticks with flavours, as they encourage us to lick. Nor is it good to bite your lips, because the pressure of the teeth damages the delicate skin.
We also advise you not to pinch it when these “fabrics” or peeling appear, since you will slow down the healing process, you can cause bleeding and more irritation.
- Moisturise with oils
If you do not want to use lipsticks bought in a store, there is no problem, because you can use oils and enjoy all their moisturising benefits.
For example, those of olive or almonds are recommended and very easy to obtain.
- Apply a few drops on the skin and let it absorb completely.
- You can take advantage when you are at home watching television or reading to perform this treatment. Better if you repeat it several times a day.
- You will create a protective layer against the sun and the weather while moisturising the lips and giving them shine.
Remember, if you see any wound on the lip that does not heal or any other signal that may alarm you, visit your doctor to assess it.
With these tips you will get softer lips throughout the year. Do you dare to try them?
Aesthetik is one of the most suitable options in terms of quality service, cost efficiency and professionalism. Contact us today for more information, we will be happy to offer you all the answers you need.