Stress relief involves learning to control your thoughts, emotions and take charge of your lifestyle. How? Here we leave you our 10 best tips that psychological research has proven to help reduce stress in the short and long term and that can help you enjoy life again!
If you want to enjoy a good oxygen therapy that regenerates your body it is important that you inform yourself about the methods that are being used in the clinics, here at Fresh Treatments you will enjoy the most professional service available in the area.
- Sleep well – A dream of poor or poor quality can have serious consequences. Not only does it affect your physical health, but lack of sleep can also contribute to anxiety and general stress. In addition, it can become a vicious circle, since anxiety often leads to interruptions in sleep. Especially those days of greatest fatigue, try to program a total of seven to nine hours of sleep and see what they can do some nights of sleeping well in your stress levels.
- Exercise – When you start feeling anxious or stressed, exercise is one of the best medications. Exercise has a positive impact on overall health, but it has also been shown that exercise increases your energy and mood. The higher the intensity of the training, the more beneficial it will be.
- Eat well – Foods rich in vitamin C, such as oranges, lemons or grapefruit, can help reduce stress hormones. Omega-3s, such as those found in salmon and other fatty fish, as well as in nuts and seeds also have a calming effect. In general, eating a balanced diet can help your body manage stress better. Part of eating well means focusing on whole grains, vegetables and fruits.
- Take a deep breath – Conscious breathing is a powerful element against stress. It helps reduce stress hormone, decrease heart rate and blood pressure.
It’s very simple:
- Sit quietly with one hand on the stomach and the other on the chest.
- Breathe slowly and deeply through the nose, filling the lungs completely.
- Hold your breath comfortably for a few seconds.
- Exhale slowly through the mouth until all the air has come out.
- Repeat several times (at least 5x).
- Disconnect – Disconnecting is one of the most important things on this list, because if you cannot find a way to disconnect (electronically) from work, then you have never really left work. Being available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, you are exposed to a constant flow of stressors, which prevents you from refocusing and recharging. If you can’t avoid emails and work calls completely over the weekend, try planning specific times (maximum one hour a day!). Programming short blocks of time will reduce stress without sacrificing your availability.
- Connect with your spirituality – Spirituality can help relieve stress, probably because it encourages feeling connected to others and giving meaning to things. You can feed your spiritual side by doing something to help others, volunteering for a cause that means something to you, reading an inspiring story, practicing mindfulness, meditating, praying … etc. The goal is to do something at least once a day that brings you to self-reflection.
- Learn to say no – Being complacent is a one-way passage to stress, guess what … You can’t please everyone all the time! Give yourself permission to say no. If you worry about not liking people for sometimes saying no, think again. People will probably love you and respect you more if you are honest with them instead of committing to a thousand things and having to cancel them at the last minute. Work on thinking the best ways to say no. Think about your personal limits and the situation you have at hand. When you say no, do it in a pleasant way that makes your limits clear. It is also very important to work to avoid guilt after saying no. You have the right to refuse an invitation or a favor. It’s okay to make you and your mental health a priority for you.
- Laugh – Laughter is the best medicine! Laughing out loud increases oxygen and blood flow, which automatically reduces stress. Not taking your life too seriously can help everyone live a better and easier life. Is there a funny meme or a YouTube video that always makes you laugh? When it comes to stress, laughter is a powerful way to change your mood. The next time you feel stressed, try to see her with humor. By rethinking the circumstance, you take away iron and weight.
- Think positive – Positive thinking that usually brings optimism is key to effective stress management. Sometimes we think too much and our thinking mind leads us to the worst-case scenario … To overcome the stress this causes, we must avoid this kind of fatalistic thinking. Positive thinking can give you more confidence, improve your mood and even reduce the likelihood of developing hypertension, depression or other stress-related disorders. The next time you find yourself having negative thoughts, ask yourself: “Is this true?” And slowly change to more positive thoughts; You will probably feel a tangible sense of relief.
The following tricks can help you:
- Start the day with a positive affirmation. Say before the mirror, even if you feel silly, phrases like “Today will be a good day” or “Today I will be wonderful.” You will be surprised how much your day improves.
- Focus on the good things, however small: when you encounter an obstacle, focus on the benefits it can bring you, no matter how insignificant they may seem.
- Find the fun part: allow yourself to experience humor even in the most difficult situations. Remind yourself that this situation is probably a good anecdote later and try to make some joke about it.
- Turn faults into learning: instead of focusing on how you failed, think about how you will do it next time.
- Transform your negative internal dialogues into positive: negative internal dialogues can appear very easily and it is often difficult to realize. When you are surprised doing it, stop and transform those negative messages into positive ones. For example, “I am so bad at this” becomes “When I have more practice, I will be much better at this.” “I shouldn’t have tried” can become “It didn’t work out as planned, maybe next time.”
Here at Fresh Treatments you will enjoy the most professional service available in the area.