The good weather arrives and with it the desire to renew ourselves. That’s why one day you open the door of the house and suddenly you know it: it’s time to give it a new face and make a reform. We may be very clear about what we want to change, or maybe not, but what we do feel is that our home needs remodelling. In any case, it should be clear that a reform can become a nightmare if it lacks organization and that begins with the budget.
According to the surveys, more than 65% of people point to the large outlay that the reforms entail as a reason to justify the lack of repair of household damage. The fear of not having enough money to face the reform of a home or lack of time paralyses many homeowners to perform a” lift “to the house. But it is possible to make small renovations that entail major improvements with little effort and without scratching the pocket a lot: put vinyl coverings, anti-humidity paint, cover the kitchen furniture with gloss or matt vinyl, or paint the bathroom walls with synthetic enamels.
Remember that if you want to give your house a new aspect, and bring your decoration an innovative touch, here at ASC Building Supplies we can help you. Contact us today and our professional team will be ready to assist you and clear any doubts you have related to our top vinyl floors.
You have to be clear about the objective of the reform: a change of style is not the same as modernising an old house, where you have to fix from the pipes to the walls. In the latter case, the reform can be tremendous.
- Paint heals everything. It is clear that the main advantage of painting a house is aesthetic: we get a new environment and renovate the space. But painting also disinfects. The paint has a series of agents that removes all types of mites that are hidden in small holes and corners (especially lime paint, which has a high bactericidal power). In addition, it helps eliminate embedded odours such as tobacco and make the walls and space breathe again. But a hand of paint can be a very high cost item, especially if you have to remove tiles from the wall before you can get to work, but if what is intended is to reduce costs in the reform, the best option will be to paint on tiles.
- Renew the floors. An economic option that does not require work to change the floor is to use vinyl or self-adhesive linoleum. This is a solution in which it is easily placed above the old one and they are resistant to moisture. Another option is the resin floor or the floating floor. None of these materials require work and are 30% cheaper than tiling.
- Sliding doors are trending. For a couple of seasons, this type of door gets along very well with industrial style decoration, but the truth is that there are sliding doors of all styles: modern, rustic, glass, wood, etc. In addition to beautiful spaces, they save space and are an interesting solution for small spaces.
- Throw a partition to gain breadth. Knocking down a partition is one of the simplest works and with the best value for money. With little investment, you can totally transform a space, allowing the entry of natural light into the rooms, in addition to connecting and expanding the environments. On the other hand, open spaces had never been as fashionable as they are today.
- Illuminate correctly. To reduce costs a previous analysis of the distribution of the house with which we know exactly where we need more or less lighting is essential. The way to reduce the cost is to reduce as much as possible the number of plugs or points of light to install. A common practice that reduces costs is to take advantage, as far as possible, of existing channelling, while to hide cables from lamps or extensions, plastic gutters can be used, which can then be painted in the tone of the wall or ceiling.
- Give the kitchen a new air. It is one of the key rooms of the house. The cabinets can be lined with gloss or matte vinyl that, combined with antique furniture, will completely change the aesthetics of an old kitchen. The same happens with the walls, replacing the tiles is expensive and cumbersome, on the contrary, they can be renewed by painting them, applying a resistant paper or a special vinyl that will also cover any damage. Other tricks that work are changing the handles of the cabinets and doors, putting colourful curtains or decorating a wall with some striking element.
- Play with the decoration. Neutral colours and simple basic furniture lines are the least risky and economical option. The reform can be aesthetic and functional at the same time, but many times we forget: we choose what we like the most and thus we make the reform more expensive.
Bear in mind to keep in high regard these aspects:
Another quite economical option that can give a lot of value to a home is simply to throw partitions to create larger spaces and give a feeling of spaciousness, in addition to taking better advantage of the surface.
A typical example is to remove the wall between the living room and the dining room, or between the living room and the corridor, so that as soon as you enter the house you will see a large and cosy space. Keep in mind that many times throwing partitions can involve touching up the floors.
Improve storage capacity
In many old houses, to store clothes and other things, furniture such as cabinets and drawers are placed, which visually dwarf the rooms. Therefore, it is worth considering the construction of one or more built-in closets, which go unnoticed in the design of the house, in addition to having a very large storage capacity, since they extend from the floor to the ceiling.
If you’re thinking about timber and wood flooring, remember that here at ASC Building Supplies you will find an unmatched option for deluxe luxury vinyl flooring that will be an excellent choice for any type of flat floor.