Whatever the “health” of the real estate market in your country is, these tips will help you get the most out of your property for sale.
In countries like the United States, Australia and the United Kingdom, the real estate market is flourishing compared to 2008. It is time to do something now! It is a good sell or buy a property, these tips can help you get the best price for your home.
Contact Conveyancing in Melbourne so you can qualified top assistance in your house purchase today. We can clear any doubts about acquiring a new property and protect your money for the future.
- Start preparing as soon as possible
You can start preparing your house from the moment you decide to put it on sale. But, ideally, you should give yourself 90 to 180 days before putting it on the market to have enough time to update it, make repairs and order.
“This way you can control your pace and be strategic,” says the real estate agent and representative of the National Association of United States Real Estate Agents, Brenda Small.
- Seek professional help
A local real estate agent can give you information about similar homes in your area, price trends and what you can do to show your home well. Your house should look as fresh and neat as possible.
“We take a walk around the house to see what is attractive, what may not be so much and what needs repair,” says Small. “And then evaluate, based on the price, if some repairs or renovations can improve the sale of the property.”
You should have thick skin, because it is hard to accept the criticism that the professionals or contractors you take to fix the house will make of it.
- Fix it
Many sellers doubt when making improvements before putting their house on the market, such as changing carpets or countertops, because they believe the buyer will want to choose their own decoration.
But shoppers often want to move to homes already ready to live. Most want to have to make only minimal changes and improvements. The objective is to obtain the best price for your property.
Here are some practical tips to achieve the desired result with little effort:
- Put order. You’ll have to order. Mercilessly.
- Save your collection of Chinese cats. Buyers should be able to see themselves living in the house, so you must remove your personal belongings. This includes family photos, trinkets, collections, trophies and that pile of children’s shoes at the entrance. The sellers usually leave too many personal things in sigh.
- Set the stage. If you search on the internet, you will find many tips on how to prepare your home to show it: where to place the furniture, the best way to light a room or how to create a reading corner in a rare corner.
- By the way, change that old and used carpet, but choose a neutral one.
- Do not forget the closets If you order by putting things in the cabinets, it is that you have not understood well: the buyers are going to examine until the last corner. How many times have we opened doors and things have fallen. Think of your storage areas as small rooms in your home and order them too.
- It is convenient to think about the taste of others, rather than your own, when arranging the house for sale.
- Look at it from outside. First impressions are everything, so critically look at your home from the outside.
- Clean, clean, clean. Your house may be a minimalist dream, but if there is a layer of dust, potential buyers will realize. The house must be immaculate.
- Use your nose Once you’ve ordered and cleaned, it smells. Does your house smell good? A bad smell will discourage the buyer even if the house is spectacular.
- Get rid of pet odours and add attractive aromas: bake, light candles or leave out a freshly made cake. The old cliché of cooking bread or buying flowers works.
- Control your expenses
Be careful and don’t spend too much. You may not recover renewal costs if you spend on things that buyers in your area do not want.
Put a suitable price. What you paid for your house when you bought it is irrelevant. The market may have changed since then, along with the value of your property.
The house is the castle of each … Make it the potential castle of another.
If you put a very high price on it, you will keep the “For sale” sign for months. Many times, we see homeowners overvalue their homes. Our house is our castle, but only because we think it is the best property in the market, not everyone will agree.
The last thing that many visitors want to see is the current owner. Being too attentive to shoppers can instantly discourage them. Let the agent show the property. They are the professionals.
- Keep up the pace
The longer it takes a property in the market, the more it costs the owners to keep it in the best condition. Even if you’ve shown the house 100 times, keep making the beds, cleaning the sinks and bathrooms before visitors arrive. Maybe that visit number 101 is the good one.
It is important that you have a good real estate agent, since this can give you information about similar houses in your area, the trends in prices and can also advise you on what to do to show your home well.
Share with your agent your forecasts of time to sell and let yourself be advised by him regarding the price of the property, since he knows the market, and the sale of a home must have an adequate price to achieve the objective we pursue.
Ask your agent to recommend the best strategy to prepare your property for sale, so that all the features that we want to highlight adequately look. A good agent will also help you optimize the internet presence of your property and will take advantage of this means to make it known to potential buyers.
Visit our website for more information regarding our top services for property transfers in Melbourne. We are a top choice when you are looking for fixed price conveyancing in Melbourne.