Therefore, and with the encouragement of love triumph, we have prepared a small list with some behaviours or mistakes that you should avoid in your romantic dinner.
At Giro D’Italia we make sure our clients are happy and able to enjoy a memorable dining experience that will surely amaze your taste buds, thinking about what you will order the next time you visit our place.
- iPhone out: or Android or One Touch Easy, it doesn’t matter. There is nothing more unpleasant than being in the middle of a dinner and that your partner stops paying attention to you because he has received a message on the WhatsApp, which seems to love emoticons more. So, put it in silence or directly turn it off. You will continue your conversation the next day.
- Go disaster: fix yourself a little so you can tell it is a special day. You celebrate it as you celebrate it, whether at home, at the Ritz or the Manolo Bar, if you get ready, you are already taking it for granted that it is a unique night, and both you and your partner will notice it. If one of the two is not fixed, the other will probably feel somewhat disappointed. From experience we say that there is nothing more annoying than getting ready for an appointment and that the other person appears as if he has just got out of bed and has taken the first thing he has found.
- Eye to the conversations: work, illnesses, soccer, the crisis… Interesting subjects, yes, but not for a dinner like today. The ideal would be to talk about anecdotes or experiences that you have lived together that remind you of good times, how sure there is to give and sell.
- Ask for beer: it is always very romantic to toast with a glass of wine or a cava. Even if you are a fan of canned or bottled beer, (the same with coke or substitutes), drink a glass even for one night, it is more elegant and romantic, especially to toast :). Pass the beer and order a good wine!
- Eat too much: try not to get crammed, eating two cheeks is neither too polite nor too romantic to say. In addition, you run the risk that then you will be too full, your stomach feels bad … Well, the rest you can imagine. Also try to take care of manners: behave as if it were a first date but without being nervous, and go, do not notice that the confidence “disgusts.”
- Overcome with romanticism: it is good to have a romantic detail, but if you are not very much in itself, do not become Richard Gere if then you will return to the usual tonic. The other person may love it at the moment (or think they have abducted you), but the next day they will want to kill you when they realise that romanticism on your part is more extinct than dinosaurs. Ideally, you be yourself and have a detail from time to time, although not only in romantic dinners, but in general.
Anyway, we hope that these guidelines help you have an unforgettable dinner with your better half.
First date? Here you have some tips to break the ice!
1 – Pre-appointment: mark your goals
You have already met, well in networks, well in another place, the person with whom you will share that first date. The first thing you will have to do is set yourself goals. What do you want from the other person? The first date begins even before meeting that person. You have to be very clear about what you want. It is not the same to look for a stable partner than to be in a moment of life in which one wants to simply have fun.
2 – Be confident and control your thoughts
We are our worst judges and it is necessary to keep in mind that we have friends who value us and that the other person has agreed to have an appointment with us for something, so think positive and fill yourself with confidence. 94% of singles, consider a first impression vital, and this is usually given in the first 30 seconds of conversation, so be careful. It’s not about selling, but about being aware that those first moments are very important. Thoughts have an amazing ability to create reality. Let’s not boycott internal messages of insecurity or fear. If a person facing a first date is charged with those thoughts, it is transmitted and the result is that in the eyes of the other it will appear as it is.
One tip: sign up for the elevator pitch: stand in front of the mirror and practice your presentation. You have 30 seconds to do your best.
3 – Choose the right place
An Italian restaurant with pleasant lighting, a nice atmosphere and good music. Bear in mind that a person’s way of eating gives you a lot of information about them. In a dinner the body tends to talk, we have a natural tendency to relax and show a more authentic part of us. The choice of food and the behaviour at the table influence the opinion that the other forms about us.
4 – Break the ice
Ok, you know what you want and you’ve booked a table (or maybe you’re getting your bungee jumping team, who knows). Smiling and showing interest in the other person, asking how they are, are always part of an excellent cover letter. Then it usually fails to comment on the place where you mentioned. If you are the guest or guest, comment on how “cool” it is. If you are the one who has chosen it, explain why you have done it. The trick is to be proactive to avoid awkward silences, but do not have to go over.
When planning a special date, always think of an elegant Italian restaurant, here at Giro D’Italia you will find it. Speak to us and make your reservation today. Contact us today if you want to know anything about our services.