Decorating any space requires time, effort and money, even more so if it’s about the furniture in the house. Tables, chairs, beds, wardrobes and chests of drawers represent an investment that, in the plans, is considered in the long term and is made according to defined styles and personal tastes. Here are some tips that will guide your final selection.
But remember that any type of furniture will look awful if there is not a correct set up. Luxury vinyl flooring is an excellent choice for any type of flat floor. Here at ASC Building Supplies you will find an unmatched option.
Furnishing the house is undoubtedly an important aspect to create a space that reflects our style and makes us feel comfortable. But beyond choosing decoration combinations or a specific furniture design, are there some keys to choose wisely?
Before even going to a furniture store, take all the measurements of the spaces you need to furnish to be clear on the type of pieces you can buy. It will not do for you to fall in love with a specific piece of furniture or think about a voluminous style of furniture if the space does not lend itself to it.
- Measure the spaces. Perhaps it is obvious but this step is often forgotten. Having the exact measurements of each room – width per length per depth – is key to not buying furniture that is too big or small. A useful idea is to carry a tape measure whenever you go shopping for the house.
- Think about usefulness. In times when spaces are increasingly reduced, and expensive, an alternative is to opt for multifunctional parts. Comfortable that also serve to install the television or the sound system, beds with side drawers and libraries of multiple shelves are, equally, utilitarian and decorative. Any furniture you buy for your home must adapt perfectly to the lifestyle and customs of those who inhabit it.
- Be precise. It is also important to consider the architecture of the house, the windows, corridors and corners to place the furniture. In addition to the catalogue pieces are restored with unique and handmade details. These can be re-upholstered or painted according to your choice and thus complements the living room, kitchen or bedroom.
- Mix, do not limit yourself to traditional combinations of finishes, wood-wood, white-white lacquered. Take some risks and consider the range of colors available from the materials. With textiles you can select bright colors or patterns for a central piece.
- Look for comfort. Your house is yout most intimate space and, as such, comfort must be paramount. The furniture of low height, of straight lines or round will always be an alternative that will not lose validity.
The decoration shops are full of alternatives, but it is essential to understand beforehand why you need the furniture and what use you intend to give it. A large family will need options with a lot of space to store, while someone who lives alone can opt for much simpler pieces. Your furniture should adapt to the decoration but also to the lifestyle. Your furniture should be comfortable and make you feel comfortable, so it is very important to try them before buying them.
6- Decoration combinations are also an essential element when choosing the furniture in your home. You must choose a furniture that is consistent with the colour of your walls, with the material of the floor or floor and that helps to create the style you want for your home according to your criteria.
7- Take your budget into account. Sometimes people abuse of their budget in only one piece of furniture not realising they need many other pieces to complete a comfortable space for them and their guests. Keep your budget in mind so you can actually acquire a number of pieces that fulfils the purpose.
8- Take your time to evaluate different furniture. Keep in mind furniture is a very important investment and needs to remain untouched by time, so if you want your living room or any space of the house not to look outdated in a near future, take your time to ask for different pieces and review many different ideas before deciding which one you will buy.
- The importance of colours in decoration. Interior decoration is a world of shapes, sizes, patterns, fabrics and colours, and sometimes it is so difficult to choose a good combination of colours. Colours contribute to the definition of an environment and contribute with tranquillity or joviality to the environment, sobriety or elegance and, therefore, must be carefully considered. Request samples of paintings and fabrics, check the final effect by joining the furniture and not forget the amount of light in the room. If in doubt resort to expert professional advice. Finally, do not forget a fundamental aspect when choosing the furniture of your house: the quality of them. If you want furniture that lasts for years and years, you should invest in quality pieces, solid, resistant and with a good structure. Although it usually represents a large contribution of money, this is a good investment because it is everyday items that will be with you for years.
Once you’ve thought about all these aspects, it’s time to go buy furniture. Here it is essential to opt for a furniture store that offers pieces adjusted to the style of decoration you prefer. Classic, minimalist, vintage furniture, antiques, each has its own style and to save time it is best to go directly to a place that can be adapted to your aesthetic needs in an optimal way.
In conclusion, you just need enough patience to find all the pieces that fit in your home. It is not necessary to have everything brand new when you land in a new apartment but it is important that over time the spaces that you have are yours, that reflect your personality.
If you want to give your house a new aspect, and bring your decoration an innovative touch, here at ASC Building Supplies we can help you.