The barrels, barrels, casks or wine vats are a handmade jewel. The coopers make them by hand through a painstaking process, which requires a lot of experience.
The barrel is one of the decisive factors in the taste of the wine. It is where it rests before being bottled, where it oxygenates, softens and acquires the notes of wood and roast, which it absorbs from the barrel. The most precious wood for making wine barrels is French oak, from which most of the barrels are imported and one of the reasons why the coopers are progressively disappearing.
Each barrel can reach up to 40 years in the function of sedimenting the wines, but only between 6 and 12 years to oxygenate them. From wanting to give another life to these beautiful pieces of hardwood came the idea of making furniture with wine barrels.
Wine Barrels can easily help you give this old western feeling to any area of the house and you can rent them or buy them today. Contact us for more information. Along with our top wine barrels for decoration you can also include many other materials that help you recreate a western style from cowboy movies for weddings or any type of event.
So, pay attention, we give you 10 ideas to decorate your house with recycled wine barrels.
- From wine barrel to table
It is the most common utility for a recycled wine barrel, since the surface of its lid is large enough to make the barrel a high table to enjoy a standing snack. With several wine barrels and a wooden plank on top you can organise a whole banquet in the garden of your house. What do you want to celebrate?
- From wine barrel to ice bucket
With a barrel cut in half and a simple foot to raise it from the ground we can create an original ice bucket to keep drinks cool at our big celebrations. Isn’t it original?
- From wine barrel to planter
With the remaining half of the barrel, after having made the bucket, we can easily invent a planter to put bright flowers at the entrance of the house. It will bring a rustic touch to the decoration.
- From wine barrel to dog bed
If you are one of those who pamper your pets more than yourself, you will love this idea. With half a large barrel, as there are different sizes, you can make a bed for your pet. You only need a saw to cut the shape, sandpaper to polish the finishes and a coat of varnish if you want to protect the wood.
- From wine barrel to baby crib
If you can make a bed for your dog, why not make a baby crib? It is very simple and really original. You will have to sand to renew the wood on the inside of the barrel and varnish it to protect and insulate the wood. Once this is done, with good braided ropes and good rivets, you will have, in addition to a crib, a rocker for your baby.
- From a wine barrel to a stool
If you are a handyman, you know that from a wine barrel you can even make a stool like this. You dare?
- From wine barrel to decorative lamp
We love this particular idea, what an interesting way to add charm to the night! Trace the drawing with the shape you want on the wood and with a drill go piercing it as if it were a broken line. Put a good light bulb inside and … Voilà! magic was done.
- From a wine barrel to a side table
Cutting the barrel vertically in half will give you a longer table. With a wooden plank on top, you will have a perfect side table for your living room.
If you prefer to cut it horizontally, you will get a smaller table, ideal to place next to the sofa or in the chill out of your garden.
- From wine barrel to bathroom sink
This option is for experts or for enthusiasts without fear of challenges. If you do, you will tell us!
- From wine barrel to bar cabinet
This bar cabinet made from a barrel, is a creative way to display those bottles you keep for space occasions.
2 extra ideas to decorate with wooden barrels
Furniture and accessories for the world of hospitality are a clear support for the reflection and image of the business and that in wooden chairs and tables furniture for hospitality is something that we have in mind. That is why in this blog, apart from talking about our furniture for hotels, we are also going to give you guidelines on how to use it.
In today’s post on Wooden chairs and tables for hospitality furniture we are going to give you 3 ideas to decorate your premises with wooden barrels.
- Use the wooden barrel as a table. Place the wooden barrel in the center of the premises with four banquettes around and achieved an atmosphere of conversation with friends, you will get your client to make a good experience of the stay in your bar, in addition to the differentiating touch at the interior level that the barrel of wood will give. A wine and cheese are best eaten on top of a wooden barrel, we tell you in Wooden chairs and tables, furniture for the hospitality industry.
- Use the wooden barrel as an easel. Place two wooden barrels at a distance of three / four meters and put a solid wooden board on top, you will get an ideal table / bench for outdoor catering, open bars, outdoor weddings in the afternoon in summer … if you are a hotelier that one of the axes of his company is the catering service, celebration of events, weddings, communions… We advise you from wooden chairs and tables furniture for hospitality, to get hold of a few wooden barrels and get this presentation as beautiful like the one we show you in the following image, economic, trend and super beautiful.
Wine Barrels can easily help you give this old western feeling or modern decoration ideas for any area of the house and you can rent them or buy them today. Along with our top wine barrels for decoration you can also include many other materials that help you recreate a western style from cowboy movies.