Your car is not only an aid, but it can be an investment in the future, because depending on the care you give it, you can extend its useful life. JB Prestige tells you the recommendations to prolong the life of your car. Here at JB Prestige Euro Automotive Service we take pride in providing the best services for European cars in our area. If you think your brakes are not working well or you need assistance with any other kind of vehicle repair, do not hesitate to visit us and we will be happy to give you timely assistance at the best prices in the market.
Now, we will share 10 tips to keep your car in good condition 10 tips to keep your car in good condition. Follow these tips and you can surely keep your car like you just bought it.
Keeping the car in good condition will help you to travel with greater security besides allowing you to drive the car for much longer and someday sell it. Today we offer series of tips to keep the car in good condition:
- Oil inspection: It is recommended to change it every five thousand, eight thousand and ten thousand kilometres depending on different factors such as the model and use. It is also recommended to check the oil levels regularly, since the lack thereof can cause friction between metals and cause engine damage.
- Tire inspection: maintaining the proper air pressure when calibrating the tires is key, it depends on the type of car, tires and wheels you have. It is also essential to check them to make sure they are not worn, with holes or other irregularities. It is advisable to inspect them by a specialist at least once a year.
- Alignment and balancing are also vitally important; The balancing is necessary to avoid vibrations on the steering wheel when driving fast and the alignment is essential so that there is a precise direction and even wear of the tread, it is recommended to do it every ten thousand kilometres.
- It is essential to check the brakes: The condition of the discs, the pads and the pedal should be checked and checked by a mechanic at least once a month to avoid accidents. In addition, performing a periodic inspection of the brake fluid will allow a good performance while walking and greater safety when driving.
- If the battery is several years old, it is advisable to check it every three months. It is necessary to prevent the battery from drying out due to the lack of liquid, since it can affect the operation of the system and reduce its useful life. It is recommended to add battery fluid or distilled water to avoid this problem.
- To make your car look like new it is advisable to wash it at least every 2 weeks, in this way the brightness of the paint will last longer and the mechanical parts will have a longer useful life. Also wash the interior of the car and thus keep the cushion in good condition, this recommendation works very well if you plan to sell the car and get a good price, because good maintenance of the interior of the vehicle is one of the things that at first glance check a possible buyer.
- Once you have completed the warranty of your car and you can no longer use your dealer; it is essential to get a reliable mechanic who does not charge you for unnecessary repairs and offers guarantees and good prices.
- It is necessary to check the lights and check that they all work and turn on correctly since if they are misaligned they can be dangerous for you and for other drivers.
- Check the fluids is also vital to the car: the windscreen wiper, brake fluid, transmission fluid, among others should be checked once a week.
- Lastly, change the windshield wiper blades at least once a year to avoid blurred vision in the rainy season.
Once you read these tips, you can leave quietly to drive your car without any inconvenience.
What is done in the maintenance of a car?
The goal of maintenance is to check the proper functioning of the car and change the parts that suffered wear. There are two types of maintenance: minor and major that are based on the mileage of the car.
- Minor maintenance:
It is a preventive maintenance in which the oil of the car, the oil filter, air filter and a general revision that includes scanning (electronic diagnosis), brakes and suspension status will be changed.
- Major maintenance:
It is a more complete revision to the car. It will change the above, in addition to spark plugs, fuel filter, cabin filter or air conditioning, review levels such as coolant, brake fluid, windshield wipers and possible leaks.
Which oil is the ideal for my car?
The change of oil will be made in each maintenance, whether minor or major, but what is the ideal for my car? The oil is what keeps the engine alive and it is each manufacturer responsible for recommending the type of oil for the car. There are synthetic, semi-synthetic and mineral oils on the market.
For modern cars, it is advisable to use synthetic or synthetic technology oils since they generate less wear and take more care of the engine. For example, cars from the VAG group (Audi, Volkswagen and Seat) use synthetic oil 5w40. Minerals have been discontinued today because they do not provide the benefits of synthetics.
Here at JB Prestige Euro Automotive Service we pride ourselves in providing the best services for European cars in our area. If you think your brakes are not working well or you need assistance with any other kind of vehicle repair, do not hesitate to visit us and we will be happy to give you timely assistance at the best prices in the market.